Sunday, July 24, 2011

Kraftastic!


Did you ever wonder what to do with that blah brown craft paper you get lots of? Well at Squigglefly the challenge this week was to use that brown paper to create a one of a kind card. And boy did the design team step up to the challenge. Take a look at the challenge blog and see what ideas you get! I used the image titled 'Whimsy Town'. I made an easel card and colored it using Copic markers and boy was it a challenge. I'm getting ready for eye surgery in two weeks and I can hardly see the big stuff let alone the details. Anyway, then I added a couple of details (check out the cute little birds and the cat in the image)and a coordinating ribbon. Now wouldn't you like to get a cute card from a neighbor and maybe a loaf of home baked bread? OK so I didn't bake the bread yet!
Happy crafting!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Kraft coloured ribbon, I've never seen that before, going to have to hunt that down. Both cards are great. I love the CAS, you are right it does make the bird pop.

    That little neighborhood is very sweet, great colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card!! What a nice way to welcome new neighbors!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colors are fun and so sweet! What a perfect way to welcome new neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane......I think you did a phenomenal job on the coloring, despite your eye problems. You made an adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, Jane! Thank you for representing Marlooney's Marvels over at Squigglefly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done! Great card for the Kraft challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card to welcome new neighbors... kraftastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great image, wonderful card for a new neighbour.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete